Monday, December 8, 2008

Dominik Gruendger, LLM 2007 (Berlin, Germany)



Which were your best experiences at LSU?

  • A definite highlight was the dedication of my Professors: I have never seen before Professors meeting on weekends until late with their students and working night shifts to help. Also, I will never forget our Professors cooking for us Louisiana specialties and inviting us to their home. The Civil Law Center's frequent invitations to workshops discussing cutting edge legal issues with leading scholars made it special to be an LLM student.

Has your experience at LSU opened possibilities for the future?

  • It was certainly helpful to extend my stay and get a job offer from an East Coast based law firm.

How was your experience with your LLM colleagues?

  • I met outstanding lawyers and great people from all over the world many of which have become close friends.

Why did you decide to come to LSU?

  • Louisiana's bijural system and the LSU law library as one of the best in the US provided excellent conditions for my research project in comparative law. Also, LSU offered classes in antitrust, comparative corporate law, law & economics, and biotechnology to which I was particularly attracted. And I wanted to experience the life of one of the most beautiful campuses in the US, not to mention great college football. Finally, I love Louisiana's hospitality, its Cajun cuisine and the amazing subtropical climate.

(Photo: Dominik Gruendger appear at the top right with a white shirt, with other members of the class of 2007)

1 comment:

Stephan said...

nice, but the guy in the white shirt is me :) Dominik's at the bottom right...